Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TV Listings, Central Indiana, Friday, 6-23-61

Sorry, but the listings I'm scanning for this blog aren't in chronological order. I just grab one at random and scan particular days. Due to bandwidth, I will not be scanning entire TV Guides for your viewing pleasure. Sorry about that, too. Instead, I'll be posting a particular day here and there.

In the June 17, 1961 issue, a small comment regarding commercials: And I quote: "This season you have 32 seconds between network programs to raid the icebox, put out the cat or watch the commercials. Beginning in September things will be a little more leisurely--10 seconds worth. CBS last week informed its affiliates that it was going along with a trend started by ABC and expanding its station breaks to 42 seconds..." Don't even get me started about the world of commercial tv today!

I was old enough to stay up late and watch Selwin, central Indiana's Horror Host. His program came on WISH-TV, Channel 8 at 11:15, but I don't remember watching Satan's Satellites on this particular Friday night.

If you check out the 7:40 pm, channel 4 Baseball listing, Sam Simmermaker is one of the announcers. Sam is still announcing, some 49 years later on WCSI radio. There are some TV programs I do not remember. 'Way Out, at 9:30 pm on channel 8 is one. I must have been watching 77 Sunset Strip. I also do not remember "Happy," on channel 6 at 7:30 pm. Ruffles the clown, who hosted Popeye cartoons I do remember. I believe there's a picture of Ruffles in one of the TV Guides I have around here. I'll be sure to post that when I run across it.

Friday, June 23, 1961













No comments:

Post a Comment