Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TV Listings, Central Indiana, Saturday 1-27-62

Lordy lordy, what it must be like to have a normal life instead of sitting here scanning these pages into the computer so I can post them here. Pretty pitiful, huh? Put on your red dress, baby, 'cause we're goin' out tonight! That's not me. That's Jose Feliciano. The song I'm listening to. It's not a bad thought though. Save me save me save me from this squeeze!
This issue of TV Guide has an ad for the album Remember How Great?, Volume 2. I think just about every household in America had this album stacked up by the 45 changer. I think dad got his copy when he bought a car, but don't hold me to that. It might have come with a carton of cigarettes. Hell, I can't remember. It's been one too many years. I sure do remember listening to it. ALOT. Cab Calloway doing the Jumpin' Jive, Tequila by the Champs, Mr. Sandman by the Chordettes. Come On-a My House. Rosemary Clooney. Hey--it's 1960's middle class all the way. You can probably find it somewhere on some music blog. This particular offering says for you to mail $1.00 and 10 empty Lucky Strike packs and be sure to include a self addressed shipping label, too. Orders received after May 31, 1962 will not be honored which makes me real happy that I already own a copy. Please allow 3 weeks for delivery.

Further inside the guide, you learn that Edgar Buchanan and Arthur Hinnicut will star in Four Star's new Lum and Abner. Also, add Leave It To Beaver to the upcoming 1962-63 season. On the National Scene, "television history's most infamous episode has come to an end in a Manhattan courtroom." Charles Van Doren, Hank Bloomgarden and Elfrida Von Nardroff were sentenced to...uh, humiliation. And although the year isn't that old yet, the best mourner of the year so far goes to "Beverly Hills notables" at the funeral of Ernie Kovacs, who died in a car accident on January 13th. On the central Indiana local scene, Frank Edwards, author of such literary works as Stranger Than Science, Strangest Of All, and Flying Saucers: Serious Business, will appear on the Jack Paar Show, Tuesday, January 30th. Frank Edwards was a nightly host of his own program on WTTV, channel 4 throughout the 50's and 60's. I think I was 12 when I read Strangest Of All. Some of the stories really freaked me out!
Selwin On Saturday came on channel 8 at 2 pm. The day's feature was Tarzan and the Leopard Woman. Being January in central Indiana and if there was no snow on the ground, chances are I watched it. There's a nice, half page ad here of John Carradine guest starring in the Death Valley Days episode Miracle At Boot Hill, 7 pm, channel 8. Also, for those of you who remember the IU basketball games broadcast on Channel 4, who of you can remember the sponsor?

Spoiler












Chesty Potato Chips

So--with all that crap said, here are the TV listings for January 27, 1962...

January 27, 1962


















No comments:

Post a Comment